Why plant trees?
- Trees fight against the climate changeToo much CO2 in our atmosphere which is caused by number of factors contributes to climate change. The trees absorb CO2, eliminate the carbon which then they store, while they release oxygen back to the air. Per year it is 1,000 m2 of mature trees that absorb such great amount of CO2 which equals to what you would produce after 10,000km of driving your car.
- Trees clean the airThe trees absorb odours and polluting gases (nitrogen oxides, ammonia, sulfur dioxide and ozone) and also serve as a particulate filter from the air.
- Trees provide oxygenPer year, one hectar of mature trees provides oxygen requirement for 40 people.
- Trees cool down streets as well as complete citiesTrees planted in the streets can reduce city temperature by up to 10°C. They provide shade for our homes and streets by breaking the city's "heat islands" and releasing water vapor into the air through the leaves.
- Trees preserve energyThree strategically distributed trees around a family house can reduce the consumption required for air conditioning by up to 50%. By reducing the energy consumption for cooling our homes, we will also reduce emissions of carbon dioxide and other pollution from power plants.
- Trees save waterThe shade from trees slows down evaporation of water from lawns. Most newly planted trees consume only fifteen liters of water per week. In addition, as the trees breathe, they increase air humidity.
- Trees can prevent water pollutionThe water the trees catch via the rain runs down to the ground under the tree. This prevents contaminated water from being flushed straight into rivers or oceans. Trees act like a sponge that filters the water naturally and at the same time can increase groundwater reserves.
- Trees can prevent soil erosionThe trees located on the slopes can soil in place after heavy rain with their roots.
- Trees protect children from ultraviolet radiationFor example, in the United States, skin cancer is the most common form of cancer. A mature deciduous tree can reduce UVB exposure by up to 50%, providing protection for children at school grounds and public playgrounds.
- Trees provide foodFor example, an apple tree can produce up to ¾ m3 of fruit per year. In addition to intended fruit for humans, trees provide food for birds and wildlife.
- Trees healStudies have shown that patients overlooking trees from their windows heal faster and with fewer complications. Children with ADHD show fewer symptoms when they have access to nature.
- Trees reduce violanceNeighborhoods and houses that are not surrounded by nature show a greater incidence of violence inside and outside the home than in those homes that are "greener". Trees and natural open spaces help reduce fear.
- Trees help determine seasonsIs it winter, spring, summer or autumn? Look at the trees.
- Trees provide shelter and habitat for wildlifeMaple and oak trees are one of the many urban tree species that provide excellent homes for birds, squirrels, bees and other insects.
- Trees block the view of ugly things
Trees can mask concrete walls or parking lots. They also reduce the noise from surrounding streets and highways. Trees absorb dust and wind and reduce glare.
- Trees increase the value of real estatesBeautifully planted gardens or parks can increase property values by up to 15%.
Is your drinking water safe?
Water has to travel a long way before it gets to your home and can be polluted along the way.
8 Life Improving Benefits
- Cleaner and better-tasting water - can water be tasty? It sure can! With eSpring™ you´ll notice an improvement in the taste, smell and clarity of your water immediately!
- Effectively destroys (limits or prevents roproductin) more than 99,99 % of waterborne disease-causing bacteria and viruses in drinking water*(including Coliforms, Pathogenic Bacteria, HPCs, Poliovirus, Rotavirus, anf Hepatitis A). Effectively reduces over 160 contaminants including over 140 potential health effect contaminants.
- Has more than 80 granted or pending worldwide.
- Amway introduced the first kitchen water filtration system to use a carbon block filter, ultraviolet light and electronic monitoring technology combined in a single unit.
- Directly from the tap - forget bottled water or jug-type filters! eSpring™ provides all of your family´s daily water.
- 5,000 liters of pure, clean water can be delivered by eSpring™ from a single cartridge - or a whole years´s supply of clean water!*
- 1st system to combine a US-patented combination of carbon block and UV lamp technologies, coupled with advanced electronic monitoring.
- 20 years of research resulted in the development of eSpring™.
* When used as a supplemental bactericidal treatment on public drinking water
* Filter life depends upon water quality and usage
eSpring™ is the first system to be certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, 55, and 401.